Terms and Conditions
Yaanaah helps you get an opinion about what you feel strongly about. To do that, we give you the opportunity to post topics and ask question that may satisfy your curiosity or confirm your preconceived thoughts and ideas. We also show you content/topics that is relevant to your interests. Some of the things we show you may also be promoted by advertisers. As part of our service, we try to ensure that even promoted content is relevant and interesting to you. You can recognise and identify promoted content as it will be clearly labelled.
Who can use Yaanaah
You can only use Yaanaah if you can legally form a binding contract with Yaanaah, and only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable laws. When you create your Yaanaah account, you must provide us with accurate and complete information. You can’t use Yaanaah if it would be prohibited by your regional regulations or sanctions. Any use or access by anyone under the age of 16 is discouraged and 13 forbidden. If you’re based in the EEA, you can only use Yaanaah if you are over the age at which you can provide consent to processing under the laws of your country. Using Yaanaah may include downloading software to your computer, phone, tablet or other device. You agree that we may automatically update that software, and these Terms will apply to any updates.
Our licence to you
Subject to these Terms and our policies (including our Community Guidelines), we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable licence to use our Service.
Yaanaah is a platform that is made to unite and embrace diverse opinions. However, Yaanaah is not a place for hateful, explicit, false or misleading, harmful, or violent content or behaviour. We may remove or limit the distribution of such content and the accounts that save it.
In addition to that, we will not tolerate adult content, exploitation, antagonistic activities, misinformation, Harassment and criticism, behaviours promoting self-injury and harmful behaviour and violence. Also, we do not allow content that reveals personal or sensitive information, dangerous organisations or individuals and any type of impersonations.
Part of Yaanaah’ mission is to bring facts (through anonymous statistics ) and opinions. It is important to bear in mind that not all content is inspiring, so we have put in place guidelines to outline what we do and do not allow on Yaanaah. These guidelines are our Acceptable Use Policy, so if you find content that shouldn’t be on Yaanaah, please report it to us.
Intellectual property and other rights
To respect the rights of people on and off Yaanaah, please:
- Do not infringe anyone's intellectual property, privacy or other rights.
- Do not do anything or post any content that violates laws or regulations
- Do not use Yaanaah’s name, logo or trademark in a way that confuses people
- The content of Yaanaah is protected by copyright. We do not infringe any property rights or other rights.
- Information collected will be protected by the European rights
Site security and access
To protect the Yaanaah platform, please:
- Do not access, use or tamper with our systems or our technical providers’ systems.
- Do not break or circumvent our security measures or test the vulnerability of our systems or networks, except as part of an authorised Yaanaah procedure
- Do not use any undocumented or unsupported method to access, search, scrape, download or change any part of Yaanaah
- Do not try to reverse engineer our software.
- Do not try to interfere with people on Yaanaah or our hosts or networks, such as sending a virus, overloading, spamming or mail-bombing
- Do not collect or store personally identifiable information from Yaanaah or people on Yaanaah without permission.
- Do not share your password, let anyone access your account or do anything that might put your account at risk.
- Do not attempt to buy or sell access to your account, usernames, or otherwise transfer account features for compensation.
- You can’t use Yaanaah if it would be prohibited by your local federation/region/country
- We want the inspiration and ideas on Yaanaah to be high quality and useful, so we remove spam when we find it. We ask you to be considerate of others' experiences on Yaanaah and do not spread spam or engage in spammy behaviour.
Our guidelines around spam are the following:
- Do not use automation that hasn't been explicitly approved by Yaanaah. This includes unauthorised services that automatically perform actions on your behalf.
- Do not create or operate accounts that aren't authentic, create accounts en masse, or create new accounts for the purpose of violating these guidelines.
- Do not create or save content that is repetitive, deceptive or irrelevant in an attempt to make money.
- In general, do not attempt to make money from web traffic in ways that are misleading, detract from the any Yaanaah users.
- Do not link to websites that are unsafe, deceptive, untrustworthy, unoriginal, or that facilitate or encourage spam. Websites should have original content that adds unique value for voters
- Do not send unsolicited messages or make irrelevant comments in bulk, especially when these are deceptive or commercial in nature.
- Do not attempt to artificially manipulate distribution, clicks or other metrics, including but not limited to: buying or selling engagement, "stuffing" irrelevant keywords, generating inauthentic traffic, using fake or compromised accounts to perform coordinated actions.
- Do not attempt to evade our anti-spam systems, for example, by using shorteners, redirects or intermediate websites to obscure a link's final destination.
- Affiliate links help content creators measure their contributors' impact and get paid for the work that they do to bring inspiring content to Yaanaah users However, affiliate programmes can be targeted by spammers trying to make money by abusing the programme and manipulating the Yaanaah platform.
Our guidelines for affiliates are:
- In general, you should only operate one Yaanaah account. That account should be your authentic presence on Yaanaah.
- Affiliate content should be original and add unique value for Yaanaah user
- Be transparent about the commercial nature of your content. Do not use shorteners or redirectors that make the destination domain of a link unclear or that redirect for the purpose of hiding an affiliate parameter.
- Do not try to artificially manipulate Yaanaah algorithms. Some examples of prohibited behaviour include:
- Using fake accounts to create or save your affiliate links.
- Asking other users to create topics with links that include your affiliate identifier.
Using Yaanaah for commercial purposes
- If you want to use Yaanaah for commercial purposes, you will need to create a business account and agree to our Business Terms of Service. We will notify users and interested parties when Yaanaah for business will be available. If you do open an account for a company, organisation or other entity, "you" includes you and that entity, and you promise that you are authorised to grant all permissions and licences provided in these Terms and bind the entity to these Terms, and that you agree to these Terms on the entity's behalf
Yaanaah allows you to post content, including photos, comments, links and other materials. Anything that you post or otherwise make available on Yaanaah is referred to as "User Content". You retain all rights in, and are solely responsible for, the User Content you post to Yaanaah.
How Yaanaah and other users can use your content
You grant Yaanaah and our users a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide licence to use, store, display, reproduce, save, modify, create derivative works, perform and distribute your User Content on Yaanaah solely for the purposes of operating, developing, providing and using Yaanaah. Nothing in these Terms restricts other legal rights Yaanaah may have to User Content, for example under other licences. We reserve the right to remove or modify User Content, or change the way it’s used in Yaanaah, for any reason. This includes User Content that we believe violates these Terms, our Community Guidelines or any other policies.
Please do not spam or be rude to other people or post porn on Yaanaah.
Feedback you provide
We value hearing from our users, and are always interested in learning about ways we can make Yaanaah better. If you choose to submit comments, ideas or feedback, you agree that we are free to use them without any restriction or compensation to you. By accepting your submission, Yaanaah doesn’t waive any rights to use similar or related feedback previously known to Yaanaah, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
The data that we store is on servers based in the EEA
Yaanaah has adopted and implemented the Yaanaah applicable copyright laws. We respect copyright and our users should do to
Third party links, sites, and services
Yaanaah may contain links to third party websites, advertisers, services, special offers, or other events or activities that are not owned or controlled by Yaanaah. We don’t endorse or assume any responsibility for any such third party sites, information, materials, products, or services. If you access any third party website, service, or content from Yaanaah, you do so at your own risk and you agree that Yaanaah has no liability arising from your use of or access to any third party website, service, or content.
Yaanaah may terminate or suspend your right to access or use Yaanaah for any reason on appropriate notice. We may terminate or suspend your access immediately and without notice if we have a good reason, including any violation of our Community Guidelines. In other words, we reserve the right to refuse service to any user but we will provide appropriate notice
If you use Yaanaah for commercial purposes and as a result of that we are sued, the user will have to pay for the costs. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Yaanaah Ltd, their affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, suits, proceedings, disputes, demands, liabilities, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees (including costs of defense of claims, suits or proceedings brought by third parties), in any way related to your access to or use of our Service, your User Content, or your breach of any of these Terms.
Our Service and all content on Yaanaah is provided on an "as is" basis without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.
Yaanaah specifically disclaims any and all warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement, and any warranties arising out of course of dealing or usage of trade.
Yaanaah takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content that you or any other person or third party posts or sends using our Service. You understand and agree that you may be exposed to User Content that’s inaccurate, objectionable, inappropriate for children, or otherwise unsuited to your purpose.
If you're a consumer in the EEA, we don’t exclude or limit any liability for gross negligence, intent, or death or personal injury caused by our negligence or wilful misconduct.
Please report to us anything that you may spot before us so that appropriate action can be taken.
For any dispute you have with Yaanaah, you agree to first contact us and try to resolve the dispute with us informally. If we need to contact you, we will do so at the email address on your Yaanaah account. If Yaanaah hasn’t been able to resolve the dispute with you informally, we each agree to resolve any claim, dispute, or controversy (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) arising out of or in connection with or relating to these Terms through binding arbitration or (for qualifying claims) in small claims court.
Arbitration is a more informal way to resolve our disagreements than a lawsuit in court. For instance, arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, involves more limited discovery, and is subject to very limited review by courts. Although the process is more informal, arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award.
Governing law and jurisdiction
These terms shall be governed by the EEA laws of your respective country. If you live outside of the EEA, you will have to sue in the UK should you feel the need to so.
Notification procedures and changes to these Terms
We reserve the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to you, and you agree to receive legal notices electronically if that’s what we decide. We may revise these Terms from time to time and the most current version will always be posted on our website. If a revision, in our discretion, is material, we’ll notify you. By continuing to access or use Yaanaah after revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the new Terms. If you don’t agree to the new terms, please stop using Yaanaah
These Terms, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by Yaanaah without restriction. Any attempted transfer or assignment in violation hereof shall be null and void.
Alternatively, either you or Yaanaah may assign this agreement, and any rights and licences granted under it, to a third party. In case of such an assignment by Yaanaah, you are entitled to terminate the agreement with immediate effect by deactivating your account. Yaanaah will provide you with reasonable notice of any such assignment.
Entire agreement severability
No waiver of any term of these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and Yaanaah's failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
For all parties, these Terms are a contract between you and Yaanaah Ltd., a UK company with its registered office at 1 Waincliffe Square LS118HX Leeds